The amended rules for the ARS Literati $10,000 Challenge are repeated herewith.
Write a 7,500 --- 15,000 word essay that meets the following requirements:
1) It must full of surprising, insightful, and thought provoking ideas.
2) It must be not only relevant to Scientology, it must reveal its hidden workings and show Scientology up for what it is.
3) It must not lecture to Scientologists, but instead speak indirectly to them, explaining some of the hows and the whys of what they have experienced.
4) It must be original.
5) It must open up what L. Ron Hubbard Jr. (Nibs) referred to as the part of his father's mind that no one could get into, the part that was locked up tight, not revealed to anyone.
6) It must take steps towards revealing Hubbard's true intent and it must do it in a manner that is compelling and convincing to Scientologists.
7) And on top of everything else, it must say some significant and useful things about life in general.
8) It must be submitted in English
When finished, post it to ARS with a suject line that read as follows: Subject: ARS Literati $10,000 Challenge---(insert entrants name) and then send a copy by email to me at email@example.com.
The Challenge closes on Sunday, September 19 at midnight .
Next week, we can have a straw poll on ARS for fun and I will decide the winner of the $10,000 Challenge by September 24th.
Thanks to Patricia Krenik, Jeff Jacobsen, Ralph Hilton and Joe Cisar for their submissions to date and good luck to those putting the final touches on their essays.